Friday, February 26, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things - Democracy edition


Happy Friday!  What's going on in your corner of the world?  Anything exciting?  Please share!

This week, I'm celebrating early voting.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it out to the polls on March 1, but I had a nice surprise when I stumbled across an early polling place today.  Five minutes later, I was done!

I have no interest in discussing politics here or elsewhere online, but I strongly believe voting is one of the most important things we can do as responsible citizens.  Please, take a moment (or several!) to check out the candidates and vote in the primary election.  If you're not registered, please do so before the general election in November.  Go Team Democracy! (Okay, really it's more like Go Team Representative Democracy, but that just doesn't have the same ring to it...)

What's on your agenda for this weekend?

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop created by Vikki and now hosted by Lexa Cain, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things? 

4 comments:

  1. But Lara - voting is a GREAT thing to celebrate. I remember when I first registered (my Dad made sure I did) I was told "You know, there are people in this world at this very minute fighting and dying for the right to vote. Don't take it lightly." I never have.

    I hope your weekend is an enjoyable and happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So True!!! A citizen shouldn't complain if they didn't vote!!! VOTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you! I have to confess that in all the years I lived in the US I never voted. I did what the awful people do who just sit on their couch, watch TV, and then criticize everything that goes on. *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes being able to vote is certainly something to celebrate - particularly as a woman after all that we've had to go through and some are still going through today! Have a great weekend :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)