Friday, September 5, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things - Monkey edition


Yay--the weekend is here!  Not that it was a long week, seeing as how Monday was a holiday.  Still, it's nice to ease back into work after a vacation, don't you think? ;)

There's lots to celebrate this week!  I got the cover for LETHAL LIES, my December release, and I love it!  The Harlequin art department did a fantastic job (as usual).  I just filled out the Art Fact Sheet for my May release, and I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

They're a little taller than this guy :)
I'm also celebrating that tonight, I'm going to see a Beatles cover band with Mister and some friends.  The band is called Me and My Monkey, and I saw them several years ago.  They were great, and I'm looking forward to seeing them again. They're playing at a BBQ place, which means there will be good food along with good music.  How could I pass that up?

I'm going to try to get my pictures off the camera and on the computer this weekend, so be on the lookout for pictures in the coming weeks!

How was your week?  What are you celebrating today?

If you've been reading my blog, you know that Fridays are reserved for a post where I celebrate the little things that have happened during the week. This is a blog hop hosted by VikLit, and it's one of my favorite blogging things to do.  I encourage you to check out her blog and the full list of participants, because who doesn't love reading about good things?

8 comments:

  1. If I lived closer, I'd have gone with you to see the Beatles cover band! I was 11 when the Beatles first sang on Ed Sullivan. Imagine! Hope you have a great week, Lara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really fun celebration. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the gorgeous cover. Looks like a great book. Enjoy the band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new book cover is always a great reason to celebrate! Enjoy the band tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the cover! Look forward to seeing it. I saw a Beatles cover band in uni, feels like a very long time ago. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember seeing a Beatles cover band that was so good and so looked the part that I wondered if I hadn't accidentally stumbled into a time machine. A good cover is also an awesome thing to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new book cover. That's really something to celebrate about. My weekend was great. I write about it here on my bog http://anne-writersspace.blogspot.com. Hope you can come and visit.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)