Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Holiday Lights

One of my favorite parts about the holiday season are the lights.  It seems everywhere I look, there are strands of pretty, colorful lights making the night festive.  I love to drive around and check out the neighborhood decorations--there is one local area that does a Night Before Christmas, Texas-style.  The whole neighborhood participates, with each house putting up their section of the display.  I'll be taking my Gentleman Friend through the area tonight, and I'll try to get pictures for you all.

In the meantime, here is a nearby tree, all decked out in holiday finery.  I don't know how long it takes to wrap all the branches, but I wish these people would leave the lights up year-round.  The picture doesn't really do it justice, but check it out!
Do you like looking at Christmas lights?  Do you have a local neighborhood known for their light displays?

3 comments:

  1. Not sure why, but even the expats don't put up lights outside here in Dubai. We don't because I never did, and I don't have kiddies. We have a tree and few baubles, but that's it. Nothing like the pictured tree, which is awesome.

    Happy Christmas and best of luck for 2014. X

    shahwharton.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lights too, we went around the neighborhood last night - so lovely!

    Merry Christmas Lara!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Share with me! :)